Owner of and practitioner at Peakhurst Chinese Medicine, Emma Howe has been practicing Chinese Medicine for over 15 years. After initially being involved in teaching at the University of Western Sydney, Emma established Peakhurst Chinese Medicine in 2003 and over the years since has gained a strong and solid reputation in the industry and community alike.
With many years experience in the many areas of TCM, Emma is well respected within the TCM community. Having a lot of this experience in the field of women’s health, she is regarded highly by midwives, gynaecologists, obstetricians and IVF centres across Sydney.
In 2011 and 2013 Emma was blessed to welcome 2 children into the world. Being twice able to experience pregnancy and labour first hand has given Emma a real insight into the journey that her pregnant patients face. It has given her a deeper understanding of many of the conditions that women face heading into pregnancy, birth and beyond.
Emma is currently furthering her study at the Institute of Classical East Asian Medicine (ICEAM) where she is doing post-graduate study. Her course is seeing her delve deeper into the Han dynasty style of medicine according to the principles of the Shanghan Lun and the Jingui Yaolue, two of the major classical manuscripts that Chinese Medicine is based upon.
As an experienced practitioner, Emma’s focus is ultimately on bringing balance and healing to both body and mind by using acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine alongside simple respect, care and a real passion to see people healthy, happy and complete.
Qualifications and accreditations
- Bachelor Applied Science (Traditional Chinese Medicine)
- Certificate IV in Christian Counselling
- Graduate Diploma in Mandarin
- Certificate in Clinical Training (Nanjing, China)
- Certificate in Clinical Training (Hang Zhou, China)
- Certificate in Tui-na (Chinese Massage)
- Certificate in Chinese Diet Therapy
- Accredited member of AACMA
- Registered with AHPRA
- Currently doing post-graduate study with the Institute of Classical East Asian Medicine (ICEAM)