Owner of and practitioner at Peakhurst Chinese Medicine, Emma Howe has been practicing Chinese Medicine for nearly 20 years. After initially being involved in teaching at the University of Western Sydney, Emma established Peakhurst Chinese Medicine in 2003 and over the years since has gained a strong and solid reputation in the industry and local community alike.
After many years of practice and more study, Emma’s real passion is Classical Chinese Medicine, that is, using Chinese Medcine as it was used way back when it first began, without all the bells and whistles. She practices a Han dynasty style of Chinese Medicine according to the principles of the Shanghan Lun and the Jingui Yaolue, two of the major classical manuscripts that Chinese Medicine is based upon.
As an experienced practitioner, Emma’s focus is ultimately on bringing balance and healing to both body and mind by using acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine alongside simple respect, care and a real passion to see people healthy, happy and complete.
Qualifications and accreditations
- Bachelor Applied Science (Traditional Chinese Medicine)
- Diploma in Canonical Chinese Medicine (ICEAM)
- Certificate IV in Christian Counselling
- Graduate Diploma in Mandarin
- Certificate in Clinical Training (Nanjing, China)
- Certificate in Clinical Training (Hang Zhou, China)
- Certificate in Tui-na (Chinese Massage)
- Certificate in Chinese Diet Therapy
- Accredited member of AACMA
- Registered with AHPRA